Sunday, April 08, 2007

HAPPY EASTER!

I have no problem with colored eggs and the Easter bunny and special dinners and Easter sales and all the secular trappings associated with our celebrations of Easter.


Photo courtesy of Poison Pero


As long as we remember why we celebrate Easter:

Low in the grave He lay,
Jesus my Savior.
Waiting the coming day.
Jesus my Lord.

Up from the grave, He arose!
With a mighty triumph o'er His foes!
He arose a Victor from the dark domain,
And He lives forever with His saints to reign!

He arose! He arose!
Hallelujah, Christ arose!

And now:

I serve a living Savior. He's in the world today.
I know that he is living, whatever men may say.
I feel his hand of mercy. I hear his voice of cheer.
And just the time I need him he's always near.

He lives! He lives! Christ Jesus lives today.
He walks with me and talks with me
Along life's narrow way.
He lives! He lives! Salvation to impart.
You ask me how I know he lives.
He lives within my heart.


Have a blessed and wonderful Easter, and may the Glory of the Living Christ manifest itself in you and yours.

4 comments:

Abouna said...

CHRISTOS ANESTI!

And a very Happy and blessed Pascha to you and yours.

Gayle said...

Wonderful, Mark. God bless you and Happy Easter (again)! :)

Marshal Art said...

It's so nice to see the pews fill up on Easter. Too bad attendance isn't as good every Sunday of the year. Reminds of of a joke a supply pastor told us:

At a certain intesection of town there were three denominations: A Catholic church, a Baptist church and a Synogogue. They all had problems with squirrel infestation. After trying a variety of methods to rid themselves of the varmints, they got together and decided to use their respective faiths and rituals and see what happens. The following week they reported to each other.

"I preached to the squirrels and gave them my best fire and brimstone sermon," said the Baptist Minister.

"Did it work?" the other two asked.

"I'm afraid it did not," he replied.

"Well," began the Rabbi, "I gathered as many as I could and circumcised them. They just got mad, but didn't leave. How about you Father? What did YOU do?"

"I baptized them," said the Priest.

"What good did THAT do?" the others asked.

"Well, now they only show up on Easter and Christmas!"

(Rimshot) Thank you, I'll be here all week.

Abouna said...

Marshall Art: I love that joke, problem is, it contains a lot of truth. God Bless.